Level 2 IT Support Engineer
Sleepless are hiring a Level 2 Service Desk Engineer who is looking to fast track their career in IT. We offer a great place to work and a focused environment in which you will be expected to develop your skills. You will work as part of team both on help desk and in project deployment scenarios as your skills develop. We are an Cloud-focused IT service provider located in Galway City.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the daily duties and responsibilities expected of our Engineers. These are the most common tasks and duties, but are certainly not the only ones. Ultimately the Engineer’s role is to provide resolution to customer issues in a pleasant, timely fashion.
- To provide 2nd line technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and chat services.
- Work closely with help desk peers in cross-training, development/implementation of operational excellence procedures and fostering teamwork.
- Work closely with IT support staff to obtain technical knowledge and to permanently solve chronic problems.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Resolve a high percentage of calls at first point of contact through the use of the knowledge base and raise incidents/tickets to escalate problems to second level support areas as appropriate.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Knowledge retention – actively participate in documentation of technical procedures.
- Projects: perform effectively as project leader or project team member as required for help desk projects and internal assignments.
- Training: Be willing to participate in on the job and commercial training designed to enhance skills and support capabilities.
- Follow defined staffing schedule.
- Ensure all the KPI’s are met through following standard processes and procedures.
- 2/3+ years experience in IT Support
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory , Backup , Infrastructure
- Microsoft OS Windows 7,8,10 & Server 2008/2012/2016
- Azure Experience
- Virtualisation support experience , VMware, HyperV etc
- TCP/IP networking, Switches, Routers & Wireless Networking exposure
- Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support over the phone.
- Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
- Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual really needs to possess the following personal traits:
- Excellent communication skills. Most of the job is dealing with customers at different levels of organisations and clear communication is essential – both verbal and written.
- Good awareness – we need a good team player that can engage and help others in the team when they are under pressure.
- Ability to learn quickly – we provide a training programme that requires self-paced learning. This is a key component in the job and your ability to progress your career quickly.
- A love of technology – an ideal candidate will have technology running through their veins and impart that passion to clients and the rest of the team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years working in a structured helpdesk environment.
- 3rd Level Diploma/Degree would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of learning with industry led certifications (at least one of the following is a requirement – any of the following CCNA, Comptia + or MCITP, MCSA.
- Any other relevant service or project driven qualifications.
Note: You must have an EU Passport or Stamp 4 visa to be eligible for this position
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 2 years
- Advanced/Higher Certificate
- Fluent English
Please email CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.